Kolkata, Feb 15: Bengaluru teen Jasmine Shekar, playing only her third event as a pro, moved into shared lead with one round to go in the third leg of the Hero Women’s Pro Golf Tour at the Royal Calcutta Golf Club. Jasmine, who opened the tournament with a first round of even par 72, added a solid 1-over 73 in the second round.
Jasmine now shares the lead with favourite Amandeep Drall (70-75) who had a rough time in the middle of the second round.
Yet another rookie, Kriti Chowhan (75-71) carded one of the only two under par rounds of the day to move into sole third place. Sneha Singh, who disappointed on the first day with 77, was the best of the second day with 2-under 70 and was tied fourth alongside Khushi Khanijau (75-72).
Seher Atwal, winner of the first leg on the Hero WPGT 2023, was tied sixth with amateur Saanvi Somu (73-76).
Jasmine, who has on a few occasions played the Hero WPG Tour as an amateur, had just one bogey and 17 pars. It was a creditable round that gave an indication of her solid play.
Amandeep opened with a birdie on the second but ran into problems towards the end of the front nine of the RCGC, as she bogeyed three times in a row from seventh to ninth. Further bogeys on the 13th and 17th with a birdie in between on 15th meant she finished the day with 75 but still had a share of the lead.
Kriti Chowhan, also a rookie, who did not play in the first two events, had as many as five birdies but she also gave away two bogeys and a double bogey in her round of 71.
Sneha Singh had four birdies against two bogeys, while Khushi had two each of birdies and bogeys.
Amateur Janneya Dasanniee (76-74) was eighth, while Shweta Mansingh (71-80) was ninth and Shagun Narain (78-74) rounded off the Top-10.
Tee times for the third and final round of the third leg of the Hero Women’s Pro Golf Tour at the Royal Calcutta Golf Club:
1. 9:00 am : Astha Madan 160; Saaniya Sharma 160;
2. 9:10 am : Ananya Datar 160; Yaalisai Verma (A) 160;
3. 9:20 am : Ishvari Prasanna 158; Agrima Manral 157; Jyotsana Singh 157;
4. 9:30 am : Lakhmehar Pardesi 157; Neha Tripathi 157; Smriti Bhargav (A) 156;
5. 9:40 am : Sinjini Mukherjee (A) 156; Nayanika Sanga 155; Rhea Jha 154;
6. 9:50 am : Riya Yadav 154; Anisha Agarwalla 153; Shagun Narain 152;
7. 10:05 am : Shweta Mansingh 151; Janneya Dasanniee (A) 150; Saanvi Somu (A) 149;
8. 10:15 am: Seher Atwal 149; Khushi Khanijau 147; Sneha Singh 147;
9. 10:25 am: Kriti Chowhan 146; Amandeep Drall 145; Jasmine Shekar 145;
Vani Kapoor receiving winners trophy and cheque from Mrs. Kavita Singh, President-WGAI.